We're looking for someone who values their craft and is excited to be a part of our collaborative, challenge solving culture.
Kiip's mission is to be the rewards layer of the world. We've made it easy and fun to reward people for their achievements on many different platforms. We currently process billions of data points per month and are looking for extraordinarily talented engineers who would like to help scale, process and analyze this data.
- Collaborate on system reliability, architecture and code quality
- Create and contribute to large open source projects, like Vagrant
- Are great teachers and love to share their knowledge with others
- Are fun and awesome people to be around
- Are great students and are always trying to better themselves
- Code in a variety of programming languages (Python, Go, Java, Objective-C, C, Erlang) and embrace the right tool for the right job
- Extract and analyze existing traffic, logs, and usage metrics to proactively scan for issues or improvements for monitoring purposes
- Create, improve, and update systems to improve scalability performance and capacity
- Contribute ideas and solutions as needed as Kiip's products are developed through 2016 and beyond
- Be a resource and guide to less experienced staff or to those with other specialities
Technologies we use today:
- We use the right tool for the job and code in a variety of languages: Python, Go, C, and Erlang.
- We rely heavily on Amazon Web Services, Postgres, RabbitMQ, Celery, Redis, Redshift, Graphite, and Statsd.
Skills & Requirements
- BSc in Computer Science or 3 years additional, relevant experience (so 5 years total experience as a minimum)
- 2+ years relevant experience (post-degree) in software development of large distributed production systems
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment
- Experience in participating in cross-functional development teams
- Experience in distributed systems design and architecture
- Experience in troubleshooting and tuning systems
- Good knowledge of Python
- Ability to articulate ideas to non-technical audience
- Passionate about scaling software
- Fluent in written/spoken English
Applicants must be able to have their core hours overlap with 10.30am-5pm PDT as our Engineering Team is based in San Francisco. This role is based in our SF Office.
Applicants must already have permission to work in the US and be able to work from our SF Office. We are a very diverse organization and welcome applications regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexuality etc.
What we Offer
- Free employee health insurance
- Catered daily lunches
- Investment in professional development and training opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
- Dog friendly office
- Quarterly employee events