Are you an Engineer who wants to work on cloud infrastructure and automation?
If so, you could be our newest team member!
We're looking for someone who values their craft and is excited to be a part of our collaborative, challenge solving culture. Kiip's mission is to be the rewards layer of the world. We've made it easy and fun to reward people for their achievements on many different platforms. We currently process billions of data points per month and are looking for an extraordinarily talented engineer with a passion for automation and an eye for detail to join our talented team.
What we Offer:
- Free employee health insurance
- Catered daily lunches
- Investment in professional development and training opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
- Dog friendly office
- Quarterly employee events
- Unlimited vacation time
- Very competitive salary
- No micro-managing
- Lots of freedom
- Flexibility and letting people excel
Kiip uses Python, Go, C, Erlang, Ansible, and a bit of Ruby.
We rely heavily on Redis, Postgres, Dynamo, DNS BIND, Graphite, Statsd, Tornado, RabbitMQ, Zookeeper and Celery.
- Collaborate on system reliability, architecture and code quality
- Create and contribute to large open source projects, like Vagrant.
- Are great teachers who love to share their knowledge with others
- Are interesting and awesome people to be around
- Are great students, always trying to better themselves
- Code in a variety of programming languages (Python, Go, Ruby, Java, C ) and embrace the right tool for the right job - if you use other programming languages and are open to learning ours, that is OK.
- Believe strongly in automation
Responsibilities of the Mid/Senior DevOps Engineer:
- Extract and analyze existing traffic, logs, and usage metrics to proactively scan for issues or improvements for monitoring purposes
- Create and maintain Ansible scripts
- Assist with development environments using Vagrant
- Identify monitoring, health checks, single points of failure, and notifications
- Distributed systems design and architecture decisions/planning with the backend team
- Create, improve, and update systems to improve scalability performance and capacity
- Build automation tools and services for creating, provisioning, and deploying to servers
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment
Experience and Skills:
Before you apply you absolutely must:
- Have at least 3 years post-graduation experience doing DevOps work
- Have a "Solid" level of knowledge of DevOps
- Be self-starting, pro-active and organized, as well as being capable of long-term thinking
- Have current knowledge and experience of Amazon Web Services
- Have experience of system failures
- Been working with scale
- Have expertise in troubleshooting and tuning systems
- Be able to positively support the CTO
We would really like you to have:
- Experience in managing clusters of databases (specifically Postgres a huge plus)
- Experience in Nginx, Apache, and Linux/Unix
- An enjoyment of automation and have experience with configuration and app deployment via Ansbile, Chef, Puppet or something similar
- A deep understanding of low-level network programming
- Experience in participating in cross-functional development teams
- The ability to articulate ideas to non-technical audience
- A passion for scaling software
- Knowledge of Python is a big plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Applicants must already have permission to work in the US and be able to work from our San Francisco Office. We are a very diverse organization and welcome applications regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexuality etc.
About Kiip (pronounced "keep"):
Every app has its moments, and Kiip’s mission is to reward users during those times of achievement with valuable offers from major brands.
Kiip redefines how brands connect with consumers through a moment-based rewards platform that targets “achievement moments” in the apps people use every day. Rewards occur as a free Amazon MP3 when users beat a level in a mobile game, or as a bottle of Propel when users log a finished workout in a fitness app. By matching relevant brand offers to timely achievements, Kiip creates meaningful engagements between users, developers and advertisers. Kiip was named in “Top 50 Most Innovative Companies” list in 2013 by Fast Company, a mobile titan by AdWeek and a top Silicon Valley startup by Business Insider.
As a Kiiper, you'd be able to have a huge impact from day one. Kiip is all about flexibility and letting people excel so there's no micro-managing and lots of freedom. Check out this New York Times article and this Nielsen report