We're looking for someone who values their craft and is excited to be a part of our collaborative, challenge solving culture.
Kiip's mission is to be the rewards layer of the world. We've made it easy and fun to reward people for their achievements on many different platforms. We currently process billions of data points per month and are looking for extraordinarily talented engineers who would like to help scale, process and analyze this data.
- Collaborate on system reliability, architecture and code quality
- Create and contribute to large open source projects, like Vagrant
- Are great teachers and love to share their knowledge with others
- Are fun and awesome people to be around
- Are great students and are always trying to better themselves
- Code in a variety of programming languages (Python, Go, Java, Objective-C, C, Erlang) and embrace the right tool for the right job
- Extract and analyze existing traffic, logs, and usage metrics to proactively scan for issues or improvements for monitoring purposes
- Create, improve, and update systems to improve scalability performance and capacity
- Contribute ideas and solutions as needed as Kiip's products are developed through 2016 and beyond
- Be a resource and guide to less experienced staff or to those with other specialities
Technologies we use today:
- We use the right tool for the job and code in a variety of languages: Python, Go, C, and Erlang.
- We rely heavily on Amazon Web Services, Postgres, RabbitMQ, Celery, Redis, Redshift, Graphite, and, Statsd.
Skills & Requirements
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience (post-degree) in software development of large distributed production systems
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment
- Experience in participating in cross-functional development teams
- Experience in distributed systems design and architecture
- Expertise in troubleshooting and tuning systems
- (Expertise in Python is a huge plus but not essential if you are a quick learner)
- Ability to articulate ideas to non-technical audience
- Passionate about scaling software
Applicants must already have permission to work in the US and be able to work from our SF Office. We are a very diverse organization and welcome applications regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexuality etc.
About Kiip (pronounced "keep"):
Every app has its moments, and Kiip’s mission is to reward users during those times of achievement with valuable offers from major brands.
We were named to Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies list in 2013, a mobile titan by AdWeek, and a top Silicon Valley startup by Business Insider. As a Kiiper, you'd be able to have a huge impact from day one. Kiip is all about flexibility and letting people excel so there's no micro-managing, no facetime and lots of freedom. We get a lot of press such as this recent NY Times article (which also appeared in the print edition) and this coverage of our very favorable Nielsen report.