Kiip's mission is to be the rewards layer of the world. We've made it easy and fun to reward people for their achievements on many different platforms. We currently process billions of data points per month and are looking for extraordinarily talented engineers who would like to help scale, process and analyze this data.
We're looking for someone who values their craft and is excited to be a part of our collaborative, challenge solving culture. Our Engineers collaborate on system reliability, architecture and code quality; create and contribute to large open source projects, like Vagrant; are great teachers and love to share their knowledge with others; are fun and awesome people to be around; are great students and are always trying to better themselves; and code in a variety of programming languages (Python, Go, Java, Objective-C, C, Erlang) and embrace the right tool for the right job.
1. Scale, process, and analyze user data:
- Extract and analyze existing traffic, logs, and usage metrics to proactively scan for issues or improvements for monitoring purposes
- Create, improve, and update systems to improve scalability performance and capacity
- Contribute ideas and solutions as needed
- Be a resource and guide to less experienced staff or to those with other specialties
- Perform updates to existing software systems, rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Write useful maintainable, and extensible Kiip source code that allow its computer applications and software programs to function properly, in a variety of programming languages
- Contribute to capturing detailed design documentation that meet corporate, department and industry standards
2. Utilize solid understanding of algorithms, data structures and computer science fundamentals in order to contribute to a project throughout various phases of the full programming lifecycle.
3. Interface with the User Interface and Developers to absorb the latest trends and emerging technologies.
4. Apply knowledge of all languages and technologies below.
Languages: Python, Go, C, and Erlang.
Other: Amazon Web Services, Postgres, RabbitMQ, Celery, Redis, Redshift, Graphite, and, Statsd.
Required Skills & Requirements
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 1+ year(s) experience (post-degree) in software development. Preference for experience working with large distributed production and/or data systems.
- Experience writing algorithms, data structures, and analyzing code using languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, Objective-C, C, Erlang
- Experience troubleshooting code performance
- Exposure or experience with the full programming life cycle
- Ability to manage a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment
- Anticipate issues, feedback, and tasks, and drive them based upon own initiative.
- Communicate research findings as appropriate for each project.
- Collaborate with other Kiip teams as needed to address escalated coding issues.
- Experience participating in cross-functional development teams
- Experience in distributed systems design and architecture
- Experience in troubleshooting and tuning systems
- Ability to articulate ideas to non-technical audience
- B2B or mobile advertising experience a plus
To apply, complete the following coding test. https://codility.com/honeypot/Kiip-SoftwareEngineers/
Results are immediately available. You must pass with a 65% or better to be considered and we will send you a $50 Amazon gift card.
Applicants must already have permission to work in the US and be able to work from our SF Office. We are a very diverse organization and welcome applications regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexuality etc.
What we Offer
- Free employee health insurance
- Catered daily lunches
- Investment in professional development and training opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
- Dog friendly office
- Quarterly employee events
- A celebrity or two sprinkled here and there
- As a Kiiper, you'd be able to have a huge impact from day one. Kiip is all about flexibility and letting people excel so there's no micro-managing, no facetime and lots of freedom. We get a lot of press such as this recent NY Times article and this coverage of our very favorable Nielsen report.